- The definition of aggressive is someone who is prone to being competitive and makes strong attempts to win.
An example of a person that is aggressive is a football player.
- Aggressive is defined as bold and assertive.
An example of aggressive is a tumor which spreads quickly.
- The definition of aggressive is someone or something that starts fights or quarrels.
An example of an aggressive dog is one that tries to bite or hurt others.
- aggressing or inclined to aggress; starting fights or quarrels
- ready or willing to take issue or engage in direct action; militant
- full of enterprise and initiative; bold and active; pushing
- Psychiatry of or involving aggression
- Characterized by aggression: aggressive behavior.
- Inclined to behave in an actively hostile fashion: an aggressive regime.
- Assertive, bold, and energetic: an aggressive sales campaign.
- Of or relating to an investment or approach to investing that seeks above-average returns by taking above-average risks.
- Fast growing; tending to spread quickly and invade: an aggressive tumor.
- Characterized by or inclined toward vigorous or intensive medical treatment: an aggressive approach to treating the infection.
- Intense or harsh, as in color.
(comparative more aggressive, superlative most aggressive)
From aggress + -ive. Compare with French agressif.