- simple past tense and past participle of incur
- An example of incurred is what happened to your debt when you used your credit cards too much.
- An example of incurred is when you got yelled at for not doing your chores.
Incurred is defined as that you got something, or caused something to happen to yourself.
- 4 She incurred the remonstrances of the privy council and alienated her own friends and relations.
- The debt was incurred before I took over.
- Wynn's soul was an official debt she incurred, and Death would do its duty and repay.
- The legislature of the latter state in 1873 adopted a report declaring that between 1822 and 1861, during which period the debt had been incurred, the western counties had paid an excess of taxes, more than equal to the amount which had been expended in the west for the purposes for which the debt had been incurred, and concluded with the statement: " West Virginia owes no debt, has no bonds for sale and asks no credit."
- The state incurred in this connection a liability of some 1/22o,ooo,000, of which about 1/2I6,00o,000 represented the rolling stock.