Variant of crude
- in a raw or natural condition, before being prepared for use; not refined or processed
- lacking finish, grace, tact, or taste; uncultured: crude remark
- not carefully made or done; rough: crude woodwork
- stark and bare; undisguised or unadorned: crude reality
- Archaic not ripe; immature
- Statistics untreated as by analysis, differentiated into groups, etc.
Origin: Middle English ; from Classical Latin crudus, bleeding, raw, rough ; from Indo-European base an unverified form kreu-, congealed (blood) from source raw, Classical Greek kryos, frost and amp; kreas, flesh, Classical Latin crusta, cruor, Middle Irish cru, blood