Variant of crude
- in a raw or natural condition, before being prepared for use; not refined or processed
- lacking finish, grace, tact, or taste; uncultured: crude remark
- not carefully made or done; rough: crude woodwork
- stark and bare; undisguised or unadorned: crude reality
- Archaic not ripe; immature
- Statistics untreated as by analysis, differentiated into groups, etc.
Origin: ME < L crudus, bleeding, raw, rough < IE base *kreu-, congealed (blood) > raw, Gr kryos, frost & kreas, flesh, L crusta, cruor, MIr cru, blood
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.