directive[də rek′tiv; also dī-]
- The definition of directive is something related to management or control of an operation.
If your boss puts you in charge or managing a project, this is an example of when you are in a directive role.
- A directive is defined as an order or an official instruction.
When your boss orders you to call a client, this is an example of a directive.
- directing; tending or intended to direct
- indicating direction
- An instruction or guideline that indicates how to perform an action or reach a goal.
- An authoritative decision from an official body, which may or may not have binding force.
- (European Union law) A form of legislative act addressed to the Member States. The directive binds the Member State to reach certain objectives in their national legislation.
- The directive case.
direct + -ive