- An example of bidding is a wealthy businessman telling his butler to take care of errands.
- An example of bidding is trying to buy a ring on eBay.
The definition of bidding means a command, or a set of attempts to buy something at auction.
- a command or request
- an invitation or summons
- the bids or the making of bids in a card game or auction
do the bidding of
to be obedient to; carry out the orders of
- A demand that something be done; a command.
- A request to appear; a summons.
- Bids considered as a group, as at an auction or in card games: The bidding was higher than expected.
- Present participle of bid.
- That which one is bidden to do; a command.
- The act of placing a bid.