- The definition of demanding is requires a lot of effort, skill or attention.
- Working all day in a coal mine in the heat and doing hard physical labor is an example of a job that would be described as demanding.
- A person who is really bossy and who always wants every single thing his way is an example of someone who would be described as demanding.
Coal mining is a demanding job.
making difficult or irksome demands on one's resources, patience, energy, etc.
- Requiring much effort or attention: exhausted by a demanding job.
- Requiring others to work hard or meet high expectations: a demanding teacher.
(comparative more demanding, superlative most demanding)
- Present participle of demand.
From demand + -ing.