- An example of something exacting is a toddler’s needy behavior.
- An example of something exacting is the attention that is needed to fix a difficult problem at work.
The definition of exacting is making excessive demands, or requiring great patience and effort.
- making severe or excessive demands; not easily satisfied; strict: an exacting teacher
- demanding great care, patience, effort, etc.; arduous: an exacting job
- Making severe demands; rigorous: an exacting instructor.
- Requiring great care, effort, or attention: an exacting task.
(comparative more exacting, superlative most exacting)
- Making excessive demands; hard to satisfy.
- Requiring precise accuracy
- Present participle of exact.
From exact + -ing