- The definition of fussy is a person demanding attention, complaining a lot or worrying about nothing.
- An example of fussy is a baby who's only happy when being held.
- An example of fussy is someone who anxiously paces their house making everything perfect.
- Easily upset; given to bouts of ill temper: a fussy baby.
- Paying great or excessive attention to personal tastes and appearance; fastidious: He was always fussy about clothes.
- Calling for or requiring great attention to sometimes trivial details: a fussy actuarial problem.
- Full of superfluous details: “It can indeed be fussy, filling with ornament what should be empty space” (H.D.F. Kitto).
(comparative fussier, superlative fussiest)