- peevish; morose; cross
- hard to understand because intricate or complicated
- hard to read or make out because cramped or irregular: crabbed handwriting
Origin of crabbed; from crab, influenced, influence by crab
- Irritable and perverse in disposition; ill-tempered.
- Difficult to understand; complicated.
- Difficult to read; cramped: crabbed handwriting.
Origin of crabbedMiddle English, from crabbe, crab (influenced by crab2); see crab1.
(comparative more crabbed, superlative most crabbed)
- simple past tense and past participle of crab