The definition of selective is choosing carefully.adjective
An example of something selective is a college that accepts only the top candidates.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- of or characterized by selection
- having the power of selecting; tending to select
- tending to select carefully; fastidious; discriminating
- Radio excluding oscillations on all frequencies except the one desired
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or characterized by selection; discriminating.
- Empowered or tending to select.
- Electronics Able to reject frequencies other than the one selected or tuned.
- se·lecˈtive·ly adverb
- se·lecˈtive·ness noun