- When a person can cook, this is an example of a situation where he has the capability to cook.
- When a computer can open a file, this is an example of a situation where the computer has the capability to open the file.
The definition of a capability is something that a person or thing is able to do.
- the quality of being capable; practical ability
- a capacity for being used or developed
- [pl.] abilities, features, etc. not yet developed or utilized
- The quality of being capable; ability.
- often capabilities A talent or ability that has potential for development or use: a student of great capabilities.
- The capacity to be used, treated, or developed for a specific purpose: nuclear capability.
(countable and uncountable, plural capabilities)
- the power or ability to generate an outcome