- plural form of capability
The definition of capabilities is what a person has the ability or knowledge to do.
Examples of capabilities include counting to 100, knowing the alphabet and writing out one's own name for a kindergartner.
- Jobs done by people will be only the ones that require uniquely human capabilities to do.
- The attacks were too powerful for the capabilities of our enemies alone.
- The capabilities of the company's territory are only dimly known.
- They know what they shouldn't about our capabilities and our weaknesses.
- His capabilities as a soldier have been generally recognized by competent authorities.