- Mentality is defined as the ability to think, or to a mental attitude.
If someone is always looking at the world as if people are out to get him, this is an example of a paranoid mentality.
mentality definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. mentalities
- mental capacity, power, or activity; mind
- mental attitude or outlook; state of mind
mentality definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
noun pl. men·tal·i·ties
- Cast or turn of mind: a vindictive mentality.
- The sum of a person's intellectual capabilities or endowment.
mentality - Medical Definition
The sum of a person's intellectual capabilities or endowment.