This girl is ill-equipped for the rain.
The definition of ill equipped is a state of being without the tools or capabilities to accomplish or cope with something or to do some task.
A person with no umbrella or raincoat is an example of a person who is ill equipped to deal with the rain.
Poorly or inadequately equipped.
(comparative more ill-equipped, superlative most ill-equipped)
- Not well equipped; lacking important resources and supplies
- Though the latter territory may be understated by many preschool curricula, this site makes the argument that children struggling with these areas may be ill-equipped for more advanced school work.
- Alan Ruck: Alan is not as familiar as Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols, but fans will recognize him as the ill-equipped captain of the Enterprise in the movie Generations.
- While depression is a well-known illness, many people feel ill-equipped to discern between common sadness and a condition requiring medical attention.
- The Parisians were ill-equipped and ill-led, and on the 13th of Vendemiaire (October 5) their insurrection was quelled almost without loss to the victors.
- But the army was ill-equipped and unprepared; and Potemkin in an hysterical fit of depression gave everything up for lost, and would have resigned but for the steady encouragement of the empress.