Because Kaori is a scrupulous person, she took the wallet that she found on the ground in front of the store to customer service.
- An example of someone scrupulous is an accountant who never leaves the books unbalanced.
- A good citizen who returns money found to the person who dropped it is an example of someone scrupulous.
- extremely careful to do the precisely right, proper, or correct thing in every last detail; most punctilious
- showing extreme care, precision, and punctiliousness
- extremely conscientious
- full of scruples; hesitant, doubtful, or uneasy, esp. constantly and obsessively, in deciding what is morally right or wrong
Origin of scrupulousfrom Middle French or L: Middle French scrupuleux from Classical Latin scrupulosus
- Conscientious and exact; painstaking. See Synonyms at meticulous.
- Having scruples; principled.
Origin of scrupulousMiddle English from Old French scrupuleux from Latin scrūpulōsus from scrūpulus scruple ; see scruple .
- scru′pu·los′i·ty scru′pu·lous·ness
(comparative more scrupulous, superlative most scrupulous)