The definition of unscrupulous is someone or something that is dishonest or immoral.
An example of unscrupulous behavior is when you copy someone's work behind his back and then take credit for it.
Having or showing no regard for what is right or honorable; devoid of scruples.
(comparative more unscrupulous, superlative most unscrupulous)
un- +"Ž scrupulous
- He was too unscrupulous and self-centred to play for anything but his own hand.
- Cruel, vicious, unscrupulous and strong, the country groaned beneath his oppression.
- His internal policy was blind, reckless and unscrupulous, and inevitably led to disaster.
- Plausible excuses were made for the alliance, but to the country at large this union, formed with a man whom he had denounced for years, had the appearance of an unscrupulous conspiracy to obtain office on any terms. In the House of Commons the coalition was strong enough to drive Shelburne from office on the 24th of February.
- Charles was a man of great ability, possessing popular manners and considerable eloquence, but he was singularly unscrupulous, a quality which was revealed during the years in which he played an important part in the internal affairs of France.