deceitful[dē sēt′fəl, di-]
- The definition of deceitful is someone or something intentionally untruthful or intended to mislead.
An example of something that would be described as deceitful is a statement that is blatantly untrue and that is intended to convince someone of a falsehood.
- tending to deceive; apt to lie or cheat
- intended to deceive; deceptive; false
- Given to cheating or deceiving.
- Deliberately misleading; deceptive. See Synonyms at dishonest.
(comparative more deceitful, superlative most deceitful)