- The definition of ambidextrous is the ability to use both the left and right hand equally well.
An example of ambidextrous is a person who can write with his left hand and his right hand.
This man is ambidextrous.
ambidextrous definition by Webster's New World
- able to use both hands with equal ease
- very skillful or versatile
- deceitful; double-dealing
Origin: ; from earlier ambidexter plush -ous
ambidextrous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Able to use both hands with equal facility.
- Unusually skillful; adroit.
- Deceptive or hypocritical.
Origin: Alteration of archaic ambidexter, from Middle English, double dealer, from Medieval Latin : Latin ambi-, on both sides; see ambi- + Latin dexter, right-handed; see deks- in Indo-European roots.
- amˌbi·dexˈtrous·ly adverb
ambidextrous - Medical Definition