- The definition of left-handed is using the left hand in a better fashion than the right hand, or clumsy.
- An example of left-handed is a person who uses her left hand to write.
- An example of something left-handed is a compliment that is made as part of a slight insult; "You look great now that you've lost weight."
- Left-handed is defined as done with the left handed, or moved in a way that an object swings right.
An example of left-handed used as an adverb is in the phrase "a left-handed hit," which means a hit where the bat was swung to the right.
This little girl is left-handed.
- using the left hand more skillfully than, and in preference to, the right
- done with the left hand
- clumsy; awkward
- designating an insincere or ambiguous compliment; backhanded (sense )
- morganatic: from the custom of having the groom give his left hand to the bride at such a wedding
- made for use with the left hand or by left-handed people
- turning from right to left; worked by counterclockwise motion
- designating one who swings a bat, club, etc. rightward
- having an asymmetrical molecular or crystal structure that is conventionally viewed as having certain components on the left side: said of an isomer that is the mirror image of one that is right-handed
- with the left hand: to write left-handed
- in such a way that the bat, club, etc. swings rightward
- a. Using the left hand more skillfully or easily than the right.b. Sports Swinging from left to right: a left-handed batter; a left-handed golfer.
- a. Done with the left hand.b. Intended for wear on or use by the left hand: left-handed scissors.
- Awkward; maladroit.
- Of doubtful sincerity; dubious: left-handed flattery; a left-handed compliment.
- Of, relating to, or born of a morganatic marriage.
- a. Turning or spiraling from right to left; counterclockwise.b. Rotating counterclockwise; levorotatory.
- With the left hand.
- Sports From the left to the right: swings left-handed.
- Alternative spelling of left-handed.