Peyton's sincere apology made it impossible for Hayden not to forgive her.
An example of sincere is a friend who helps you without an expectation of you doing something for them in return.
- without deceit, pretense, or hypocrisy; truthful; straightforward; honest: sincere in his desire to help
- being the same in actual character as in outward appearance; genuine; real: sincere grief
- Archaic not adulterated: sincere wine
- Obs. uninjured; whole
Origin of sincereMiddle French sincére from Classical Latin sincerus, clean, pure, sincere
- Not feigned or affected; genuine: sincere indignation.
- Being without hypocrisy or pretense; true: a sincere friend.
- Archaic Pure; unadulterated.
Origin of sincereLatin sincērus ; see ker-2 in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more sincere or sincerer, superlative most sincere or sincerest)