- Sincerely is defined as in a genuine manner.
An example of the use of sincerely as an adverb is to end a letter showing the honesty of the letter; Sincerely, John Smith.
Variant of sincere
- without deceit, pretense, or hypocrisy; truthful; straightforward; honest: sincere in his desire to help
- being the same in actual character as in outward appearance; genuine; real: sincere grief
- Archaic not adulterated: sincere wine
- Obsolete uninjured; whole
Origin: Middle French sincére ; from Classical Latin sincerus, clean, pure, sincere