Origin of ambienceFr: see ambient
The definition of ambience, or ambiance, is a specific feeling or mood connected to a specific person, place, or thing.
An example of ambience is the feeling of romance associated with a candlelight dinner, wine, and soft music.
a particular setting or its distinctive atmosphere: the festive ambience of a wedding reception
- Most board shorts strive to reflect the calm and beauty of the ocean, and to that end, much of the apparel comes in bright, bold colors with plenty of palm trees and flowers for added ambience.
- While it's true that there's no shortage of images of beautiful women wearing bikinis online, factors like colors and ambience play a key role in the mood and overall style of the image.
- Designers such as Diane von Furstenberg are known for their ability to milk your beach-time ambience, which is why so many of her designer bikinis can be purchased with complimenting towels, beach bags, and cover ups.
- Whether you want to spiff up your home to sell or just to enjoy improvements yourself, these easy home improvement projects don't take a lot of time and make a big difference in the ambience of your home.
- Age and slight wear in quality previously owned Thomasville furniture can add to the patina of wood and leather, and help create style and ambience in your home.