- The definition of fraudulent is deceitful, or something done or gained by fraud.
An example of fraudulent is someone lying about the amount of their income on their taxes; this is called fraudulent reporting.
- acting with fraud; deceitful
- based on or characterized by fraud: a fraudulent scheme
- done or obtained by fraud: their fraudulent wealth
Origin of fraudulentMiddle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin fraudulentus ; from fraus, fraud
- Engaging in fraud; deceitful.
- Characterized by, constituting, or gained by fraud: fraudulent business practices.
Origin of fraudulentMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin fraudulentus, from fraus, fraud-, deceit.
(comparative more fraudulent, superlative most fraudulent)
- Nouns to which "fraudulent" is often applied: claim, practice, transfer, scheme, transaction, document, intent, misrepresentation, act, action, mortgage, check, conveyance, accounting, bankruptcy, reporting, etc.