- The definition of fraudulent is deceitful, or something done or gained by fraud.
An example of fraudulent is someone lying about the amount of their income on their taxes; this is called fraudulent reporting.
- acting with fraud; deceitful
- based on or characterized by fraud: a fraudulent scheme
- done or obtained by fraud: their fraudulent wealth
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin fraudulentus ; from fraus, fraud
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Engaging in fraud; deceitful.
- Characterized by, constituting, or gained by fraud: fraudulent business practices.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin fraudulentus, from fraus, fraud-, deceit.
- fraudˈu·lence noun
- fraudˈu·lent·ly adverb