- The definition of crafty is someone who is sly, clever and deceitful at achieving some goal, or someone or something related to making creative objects.
- When you come up with a sly plan to make your friend think that going to the movies was his idea because you know he otherwise would not want to go, this is an example of a time when you are crafty.
- A person who likes to knit, sew and do beadworkis an example of someone who would be described as crafty.
crafty definition by Webster's New World
crafty definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective craft·i·er, craft·i·est
- Skilled in or marked by underhandedness, deviousness, or deception.
- Chiefly British Skillful; dexterous.
Origin: Middle English, from Old English crǽftig, strong, skillful, from crǽft, skill.
- craftˈi·ly adverb
- craftˈi·ness noun