- The definition of crafty is someone who is sly, clever and deceitful at achieving some goal, or someone or something related to making creative objects.
- When you come up with a sly plan to make your friend think that going to the movies was his idea because you know he otherwise would not want to go, this is an example of a time when you are crafty.
- A person who likes to knit, sew and do beadworkis an example of someone who would be described as crafty.
- Skilled in or marked by underhandedness, deviousness, or deception.
- Chiefly British Skillful; dexterous.
Origin of craftyMiddle English, from Old English cræftig, strong, skillful, from cræft, skill.
(comparative craftier, superlative craftiest)
From Old English cræftig.