- calling for immediate attention; urgent
- persistent in request or demand; insistent
prp. of press
- the process or an instance of stamping, squeezing, etc. with a press
- the result of this, often a series or one of a series of identical articles: a pressing of phonograph records
See pressing in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Demanding immediate attention; urgent: a pressing need. See Synonyms at urgent.
- Very earnest or persistent; insistent: a pressing invitation.
- The process or an instance of applying pressure by means of a press.
a. A phonograph record pressed from a master mold or matrix.
b. A number of recordings pressed at the same time.
- Urgent solicitation; insistence.
Learn more about pressing