- transmitting force or motion
- moving with force and violence: a driving rain
- vigorous; energetic: a driving jazz solo
the way one drives an automobile, etc.
- Transmitting power or motion.
- Violent, intense, or forceful: a driving rain.
- Energetic or active: a driving personality.
- Present participle of drive.
(comparative more driving, superlative most driving)
(countable and uncountable, plural drivings)
- The action of the verb to drive in any sense.
- In particular, the action of operating a motor vehicle.
- In European Union, driving on the right is practiced everywhere except in the British Isles, Malta and Cyprus, where driving on the left is practised.