(countable and uncountable, plural forcings)
- (horticulture) The art of raising plants at an earlier season than is normal, especially by using a hotbed
- (photography) An extension in the development time of an underexposed negative in order to bring out detail
- (set theory) A technique used to prove the consistency of certain axioms in set theory. See forcing (mathematics).
- (climatology, countable) The net flux of energy in or out of a system; the net change in an energy balance.
- Present participle of force.