- The definition of insistent is demanding or persistent.
An example of an insistent person is someone who keeps giving support for a lie, no matter how many times he is questioned or proved wrong.
- insisting or demanding; persistent in demands or assertions
- compelling the attention: an insistent rhythm
Origin: L insistens
- insistently adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Firm in asserting a demand or an opinion; unyielding.
- Demanding attention or a response: insistent hunger.
- Repetitive and persistent: the jay's insistent cry.
- in·sisˈtent·ly adverb