Coal mining is a demanding job.
- Working all day in a coal mine in the heat and doing hard physical labor is an example of a job that would be described as demanding.
- A person who is really bossy and who always wants every single thing his way is an example of someone who would be described as demanding.
The definition of demanding is requires a lot of effort, skill or attention.
- Requiring much effort or attention: exhausted by a demanding job.
- Requiring others to work hard or meet high expectations: a demanding teacher.
(comparative more demanding, superlative most demanding)
- Present participle of demand.
From demand + -ing.
- Would he soon grow tired of her showing up at his door, demanding a meal?
- He.s demanding we return Ully.
- His kiss was hot, demanding, and quick, his lips warm and soft.
- By night he was a demanding stranger who knew no bounds.
- He wasn't demanding or pleading, he was reasoning with her.