- The definition of legislative is someone or something with the power to make laws or rules.
An example of legislative is the United States Congress.
Congress is the legislative branch of the U. S. government.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- of legislation: legislative powers
- ☆ of a legislature or its members: legislative party whip
- having the power to make laws: a legislative assembly
- brought about or enforced by legislation
- legislatively adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to the enactment of laws.
- Resulting from or decided by legislation.
- Having the power to create laws; intended to legislate.
- Of or relating to a legislature.
- legˈis·laˌtive·ly adverb