(də rekt′lē; also dī-)
- in a direct way or line; straight
- with nothing or no one between: directly responsible
- exactly; completely: directly opposite
- instantly; right away
- fairly soon; shortly
Chiefly Brit. as soon as
See directly in American Heritage Dictionary 4
conjunction Chiefly British
- In a direct line or manner; straight: The road runs directly north.
- Without anyone or anything intervening: directly responsible.
- Exactly or totally: directly opposite.
- At once; instantly: Leave directly.
- Candidly; frankly: answered very directly.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. In a little while; shortly: He'll be coming directly.
As soon as.
Learn more about directly