- without intervening agency or cause; directly
- without delay; at once; instantly
Immediately is defined as at once.
An example of immediately is someone stopping what they're doing to do something which they have been asked to do right away.
in an immediate manner; specif.,
Chiefly Brit. at the very moment that; as soon as: return immediately you are done
- Without delay.
- Without an intermediary; directly: the parties immediately involved in the suit.
As soon as; directly: They phoned immediately they reached home.
- Indicates that the dependent clause describes something that occurs immediately after the independent clause's referent does.
immediate + -ly
- Immediately she was alert.
- I must have slept immediately after she left.
- When I didn't answer immediately, she knew the answer.
- Immediately the Prince and all of his people flocked out of the hall into the street, that they might see what was about to happen.
- He was back almost immediately, carrying an ace bandage.