- after this; from now on; in the future
- following this: used esp. in a piece of writing, a book, etc.
- in the state or life after death
- the future
- the state or life after death
- Immediately following this in time, order, or place; after this.
- In a future time or state: hope to win salvation hereafter.
The afterlife: belief in a hereafter.
- In time to come; in some future time or state.
- From now on
(countable and uncountable, plural hereafters)
- A future existence or state.
- Existence after death.
Old English hræfter.