- The definition of straightaway is something immediate or something that extends in a straight line.
An example of straightaway used as an adjective is the phrase "straightaway lie" which is a lie told without any hesitation.
- Straightaway is defined as right away or immediately.
An example of straightaway is a child cleaning up their room right after being asked by their parent.
- Straightaway means a straight course or track.
An example of a straightaway is Highway 5 from northern to southern California.
- a racetrack, or part of a track, that extends in a straight line
- a straight and level stretch of highway
- Extending in a straight line or course without a curve or turn.
- Unhesitating; immediate: a straightaway denial.
- At once; immediately.