- The definition of later is afterward.
An example of the use of later as an adverb is in the sentence, "We will go later," which means we will go at a future time.
- Later is defined as an informal way of saying bye.
An example of the use of later as an interjection is in the sentence, "I'm leaving now! Later!" which means, "I'm leaving now! Goodbye!"
adjectiveComparative of late.
adverbComparative of late.
- comparative form of late: more late
- You came in late yesterday and today you came in even later.
- Afterward in time (used with than when comparing with another time).
- My roommate arrived first. I arrived later.
- I arrived later than my roommate.
- At some unspecified time in the future.
- I wanted to do it now, but I'll have to do it later.
- (slang) See you later; goodbye.
- Later, dude.
- (slang) Dismissive term to minimize importance of an annoying persons.
Frequently used with "for you". "Later for you."
late + -er