- alt. compar. of old
- between middle age and extreme old age: used as an alternative to words which may connote debility, decline, etc.
An older desk.
The definition of older is someone or something that has been around for more time than another.
An example of something older is an antique desk compared to a brand new desk.
- He's four years older than I am.
- My parents, now residing in Florida, would attend the ceremony along with my older brother and his family who would fly in from Seattle, Oregon.
- He's a good eight years older than me.
- The mating bond of the Immortals and deities and the blood bond of the demons were the two oldest bonds, unbreakable under the Immortal Code and from the laws older than the Code.
- Younger people have less wealth than older ones, on average.