a partial, often decorative cover on a lamp, designed to direct or diffuse the light given off by the bulb or flame
A protective or ornamental covering used to screen a light bulb.
(third-person singular simple present lampshades, present participle lampshading, simple past and past participle lampshaded)
- This piece cannot be understood and yet you must own it, because Johnson designed it, and this bag will look perfect with the flagrantly-colored lampshade inspired dresses from her women's ready-to-wear collections.
- For the ultimate in personalized home decorating, consider using some lampshade frames and your own fabrics to coordinate your lamps with the room.
- Many retailers are offering mix and match lamps and lampshades, so that you can choose your lamp base and lampshade separately for a custom look.
- You can find them for short money at your local box store, or pay hundreds for designer styles, so why purchase a separate lampshade frame?
- For very little time and money you can have a designer knockoff lampshade that will have your friends begging to know where you got it.