- of, aimed at, or indicating (a specific) direction
- designed for radiating or receiving radio signals most effectively in one or more particular directions: a directional antenna
- designed to pick up or send out sound most efficiently in one direction
- Of or indicating direction: an automobile's directional lights.
- Electronics Capable of receiving or sending signals in one direction only.
- Relating to guidance in effort, behavior, or thought: directional training.
A directional signal.
(comparative more directional, superlative most directional)
- Something that indicates direction, such as a turn signal.
direction + -al