A fiery grill.
- An example of fiery is a bright red color.
- An example of fiery a person who gets mad at the drop of a hat.
- An example of fiery is a passionate speech.
The definition of fiery is to a strong personality, something related to heat, or to an impassioned action or speech.
- containing or consisting of fire
- like fire; glaring, hot, etc.
- characterized by strong emotion; ardent; spirited: fiery words
- easily stirred up; excitable: a fiery nature
- easily set on fire; flammable: fiery fumes
- inflamed: a fiery sore
Origin of fieryMiddle English firi
- a. Consisting of or containing fire.b. Burning or glowing.c. Using or effected with fire.d. Easily ignited; flammable.
- Having the color of fire; brightly red: fiery hair; a fiery sunset.
- a. Torridly hot.b. Feverishly hot and flushed: fiery cheeks.c. Being in an inflamed, usually painful condition: a fiery boil.
- a. Easily excited or emotionally volatile; tempestuous: a fiery temper.b. Charged with emotion; spirited: a fiery denunciation.
Origin of fieryMiddle English firi from fir fire ; see fire .
(comparative more fiery or fierier, superlative most fiery or fieriest)
Middle English firi, from fir (“fire”).