- The definition of fiery is to a strong personality, something related to heat, or to an impassioned action or speech.
- An example of fiery is a bright red color.
- An example of fiery a person who gets mad at the drop of a hat.
- An example of fiery is a passionate speech.
A fiery grill.
fiery definition by Webster's New World
fiery definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective fier·i·er, fier·i·est
- a. Consisting of or containing fire.b. Burning or glowing.c. Using or effected with fire.d. Easily ignited; flammable.
- Having the color of fire; brightly red: fiery hair; a fiery sunset.
- a. Torridly hot.b. Feverishly hot and flushed: fiery cheeks.c. Being in an inflamed, usually painful condition: a fiery boil.
- a. Easily excited or emotionally volatile; tempestuous: a fiery temper.b. Charged with emotion; spirited: a fiery denunciation.
Origin: Middle English firi, from fir, fire; see fire.
- fierˈi·ly adverb
- fierˈi·ness noun
- fierˈy adverb