- burning with flames; blazing
- like a flame in brilliance or heat: flaming colors
- intensely emotional; ardent; passionate
- startling or flagrant
- flamboyantly effeminate: said as of a male homosexual
- On fire; ablaze.
- Resembling a flame in brilliance, color, or form: flaming autumn leaves.
- Intense; ardent: flaming passions.
- Informal Used as an intensive: a flaming liberal.
(comparative more flaming, superlative most flaming)
- On fire with visible flames.
- The flaming debris kept the firefighter well back, and the sparks threatened the neighborhood.
- (colloquial) Extremely obvious; visibly evident. Typically of a homosexual male.
- To call him a flaming homosexual would be an understatement, but I think he acts that way just to see people react.
- (UK, colloquial) Damned, bloody.
- I wasted three hours in that flaming traffic jam!
- Present participle of flame.