- An example of glaring is the look a mother gives her child when they're doing something they're not supposed to be doing; a glaring look.
- An example of glaring is the light coming through a car windshield just before sunset; a glaring reflection.
- shining with a too bright, dazzling light
- too bright and showy
- staring in a fierce, angry manner
- too obvious to be overlooked: a glaring mistake
- Shining intensely and blindingly: the glaring noonday sun.
- Tastelessly showy or bright; garish: a store painted in glaring colors.
- Conspicuous; obvious: a glaring error. See Synonyms at flagrant.
- Staring with anger, fierceness, or hostility: glaring eyes.
(comparative more glaring, superlative most glaring)
- Present participle of glare.