The definition of gleeful is full of joy.
An example of gleeful is a child who is eating her favorite flavor of ice cream.
Full of jubilant delight; joyful.
(comparative more gleeful, superlative most gleeful)
- Exuberantly or triumphantly joyful.
glee + -ful
- I think we can at least start polishing up our medallions and combing our chests in gleeful anticipation.
- If you are the parent of a young daughter, chances are she gets more gleeful over these evening commitments than you do.
- There was a moment of silence, then a child's gleeful laugh.
- Toby's gleeful shout jarred him.
- "Nikolenka... wounded... a letter," she announced in gleeful triumph.