- Ablaze is defined as on fire.
An example of ablaze is a house that is burning and has flames coming out its windows.
- The definition of ablaze is being alive with emotion or excitement.
An example of ablaze is the face of a new mother who is grinning from ear to ear with happiness as she looks at her new baby.
A bush fire.
ablaze definition by Webster's New World
- on fire; burning brightly
- blazing; flaming
- greatly excited; eager
Origin: a- plush blaze
ablaze definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Being on fire: The house is ablaze.
- Radiant with bright color: a maple tree ablaze in autumn.
- Fervent or excited.
- a·blazeˈ adverb