Fame is defined as being well known, talked about or having celebrity status.noun
An example of a person with fame is Kim Kardashian.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- Rare, Archaic public report; rumor
- reputation, esp. good reputation
- the state of being well known or much talked about; renown; celebrity
Origin: ME < OFr < L fama, fame, reputation, akin to fari, to speak < IE base *bhā-, to speak > ban, boon, Gr phēmē, utterance, report
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Great renown: a concert violinist of international fame.b. Public estimation; reputation: a politician of ill fame.
- Archaic Rumor.
- To make renowned or famous.
- Archaic To report to be.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin fāma; see bhā-2 in Indo-European roots.