- Fame is defined as being well known, talked about or having celebrity status.
An example of a person with fame is Kim Kardashian.
fame definition by Webster's New World
- Rare, Archaic public report; rumor
- reputation, esp. good reputation
- the state of being well known or much talked about; renown; celebrity
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin fama, fame, reputation, akin to fari, to speak ; from Indo-European base an unverified form bhā-, to speak from source ban, boon, Classical Greek phēmē, utterance, report
fame definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Great renown: a concert violinist of international fame.b. Public estimation; reputation: a politician of ill fame.
- Archaic Rumor.
- To make renowned or famous.
- Archaic To report to be.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin fāma; see bhā-2 in Indo-European roots.