- To emblazon is defined as to decorate, or to make an obvious inscription or display.
When you print a team name in huge letters on a shirt, this is an example of when you emblazon the team name on the shirt.
A U.S. passport emblazoned with a coat of arms.
emblazon definition by Webster's New World
- to decorate or adorn (with coats of arms, etc.)
- to display brilliantly; decorate with bright colors
- to spread the fame of; praise; celebrate
Origin: em- (see en-) plush blazon
- emblazonment noun
emblazon definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb em·bla·zoned, em·bla·zon·ing, em·bla·zons
- a. To adorn (a surface) richly with prominent markings: emblazon a doorway with a coat of arms.b. To inscribe (a prominent marking) on a surface: emblazon a cross on a banner.
- To make resplendent with brilliant colors.
- To make illustrious; celebrate: emblazoning a heroine's deeds in song.
- em·blaˈzon·er noun
- em·blaˈzon·ment noun