- (informal) Family
- I'm gonna visit the fam.
- (colloquial, hospitality industry) Familiarization.
- The tourist board organized fam junkets for travel agents.
- She arranged back-to-back fams and took her boyfriend.
- (UK, slang, MLE) Term of endearment between friends; derived from "family" but not used between relatives.
- Hey fam how you doin'? / Safe mate, safe.
- A local language spoken in the Taraba State area of Nigeria.
- (law) Abbreviation of errors.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Court Names", Table T7, p. 432-434.