This man is drunk.
- An example of someone who would be described as drunk is a person who has had ten beers.
- An example of someone who would be described as drunk with lust is someone who has been overcome with lust.
Origin of drunkMiddle English dronke ; from dronken, drunken
- overcome by alcoholic liquor to the point of losing control over one's faculties; intoxicated
- overcome by any powerful emotion: drunk with joy
- Informal drunken (sense )
- a drunken person
- a person who regularly drinks alcoholic liquor to excess; drunkard
- Slang a drinking spree
- a. Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties.b. Caused or influenced by intoxication.
- Overcome by strong feeling or emotion: drunk with power.
- A drunkard.
- A bout of drinking.
(comparative drunker, superlative drunkest)