This man is drunk.
- An example of someone who would be described as drunk is a person who has had ten beers.
- An example of someone who would be described as drunk with lust is someone who has been overcome with lust.
The definition of drunk is someone who is no longer in control of his actions, possibly because he consumed too much alcohol or is overcome with emotion.
Origin of drunkMiddle English dronke ; from dronken, drunken
- overcome by alcoholic liquor to the point of losing control over one's faculties; intoxicated
- overcome by any powerful emotion: drunk with joy
- Informal drunken (sense )
- a drunken person
- a person who regularly drinks alcoholic liquor to excess; drunkard
- Slang a drinking spree
Past participle of drink.
- a. Intoxicated with alcoholic liquor to the point of impairment of physical and mental faculties.b. Caused or influenced by intoxication.
- Overcome by strong feeling or emotion: drunk with power.
- A drunkard.
- A bout of drinking.
(comparative drunker, superlative drunkest)