- wearing a belt, esp. as a mark of distinction: a belted knight
- furnished with a belt or belts: a belted jacket, a belted tire
- having or marked by a band or stripe
- simple past tense and past participle of belt
- She straddled the chair as she belted out the last note.
- An electric motor, belted to a screw (1 or 1') connected with the spectroheliograph, is then started.'
- "Enough, enough, enough!" she belted with a shove.
- Almost done! she belted and scrambled up to lock the door.
- His body afire, Darian belted out a laugh of pain-filled triumph.