- wearing a belt, esp. as a mark of distinction: a belted knight
- furnished with a belt or belts: a belted jacket, a belted tire
- having or marked by a band or stripe
- simple past tense and past participle of belt
- "Enough, enough, enough!" she belted with a shove.
- She straddled the chair as she belted out the last note.
- An electric motor, belted to a screw (1 or 1') connected with the spectroheliograph, is then started.'
- In 1906 the effective fighting force consisted of 1 battleship, 2 belted cruisers, 4 protected cruisers, 3 torpedo gunboats, 6 destroyers and 8 modern torpedo boats.
- Almost done! she belted and scrambled up to lock the door.