Slang intoxicated; drunk
- Preserved in or treated with pickle.
- Slang Intoxicated; drunk.
- Simple past tense and past participle of pickle.
Variant of pickle
- any brine, vinegar, or spicy solution used to preserve or marinate food
- a vegetable, specif. a cucumber, preserved in such a solution
- a chemical bath used to clear metal of scale, preserve wood, etc.
- Informal an awkward or difficult situation; plight
Origin of pickleMiddle English pikil ; from Middle Dutch pekel ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps picken, to prick, in sense “that which pricks, or is piquant”